WFH Ergonomics Made Easy March 30 2020
Though working from home can be a challenge, Ergo Works is here to assist you in creating a functional and comfortable workstation. Our online store has the accessories you need to retrofit your home office. If you’re not sure where to start, consider a Remote Ergonomics Assessment. Our experienced team is here to help support you during this challenging time. We can give you the recommendations you need to create a comfortable and safe workstation no matter where you are.
Our team is available to support you during your work from home transition with a Remote Ergonomics Assessment complete with customized recommendations. A functional workstation can help to reduce aches and pains, increase productivity and an overall sense of well-being.
Transitioning from working in an office to your home can be challenging. Use the tips below to be more productive and prevent aches and pains.
- While standing, keep your weight primarily in the balls of your feet standing about shoulder-width apart with your knees slightly bent. Remember to stand tall with your shoulders back, stomach in and head in line with your shoulders.
- While sitting, make sure your feet are flat on the floor or footrest, knees in line with your hips and keep your back against the chair. Relax your shoulders and sit up straight with your head in line with your neck.
- The top of your monitor should be at your eye level or slightly lower.
- While keying & mousing, keep your elbows slightly open to 90˚
- Keep your wrists in a neutral position and avoid ‘planting & pivoting’ of your wrists while keying and mousing.
Establish a daily routine.
- Wake up well before you start working so you have time to brush your teeth, make a cup of coffee and get organized for the day.
- Take frequent short breaks. Stand up from a seated position at least every hour.
- Try standing up or walking while on phone calls.
Equipment for an Ergonomic Workstation
- Seating: Convert your dining room chair into a comfortable, supportive seating solution with our BetterBack Seat Cushion or consider an Ergonomic Chair
- Footrests: If your feet don’t reach the floor while seated, use a footrest to allow your feet to be supported. Keep your knees slightly below your hips.
- Monitor Solutions: Position the top of your screen at eye level with the use of monitor stands or monitor arms.
Ergo Works, Inc. is your ergonomic expert and our team of experienced professionals are here to help you. If you find yourself working from home and need advice, request a Remote Ergonomics Assessment. We can give you the recommendations you need to be comfortable and productive no matter where you are. Don’t forget that our online store has Workstation Accessories that can transform your work from home space into a productive and healthy workstation. Contact us to learn more about our ergonomic services.