- TrackIR is a head tracking input device designed for use with gaming and simulation PC titles. It is an infrared camera that tracks the position and orientation of your head, and then sends that data to any of the 100+ TrackIR Enhanced games and simulations.
- The TrackClip, included with every TrackIR 5 purchase, attaches to the brim of a hat or visor and has three retro-reflective markers that direct infrared light back to the camera.
- TrackIR tracks all six directions a player’s head can move in 3D space, with each direction on a separate axis so that actual movements are accurately linked to the in-game view.
- Using the software’s advanced settings, you can adjust each axis individually to tailor the sensitivity and speed to fit your needs. Or use one of several pre-configured profiles to get started right away. By giving you control of the experience, TrackIR enables you to unlock the full potential of the game.
- A magnetically attached base facilitates an easy and secure setup, with adjustable legs to fit any monitor.
TrackClip Pro (Only included if buying the bundle)
The perfect TrackIR™ accessory that attaches to your over-the-ear headsets.
- Active LEDs for precise tracking
- USB power tap, with USB pass through
- Ultra light weight
- Range 2 to 5 feet (61 cm to 152 cm)
- 2 position headset clip
- Attaches to headset bands above left ear
- Compatible with headset bands up to 1 1/4″ wide and up to 1/2″ thick
- Raw Sensor Resolution: 640 x 480
- Reporting Resolution: 96,000 x 72,000
- Field of View: 51.7°
- Resolution/Horizontal Degree: 1850 subpixels/degree
- Sample Rate: 120 FPS
- Size (without base): 2" x 1.5" x 0.57"
- Weight: 1.8 oz
- Response Time: 9 ms
- Connection: USB
- Cable Length: 6 ft
- Track IR 5 Hardware: Available USB port
- TrackClip: Windows Vista or newer
- 60 Megabytes of free hard drive space
TrackIR is a head tracking input device designed for use with gaming and simulation PC titles. It is an infrared camera that tracks the position and orientation of your head, and then sends that data to over 100 TrackIR enhanced games and simulations.
The TrackClip, included with every TrackIR 5 purchase, attaches to the brim of a hat or visor and has three retro-reflective markers that direct infrared light back to the camera.
A 51.7º Field of View with a 120 FPS frequency!
The NaturalPoint TrackIR 5 has a wide 'Field of View' of no less than 51.7º and works at a frequency of 120 frames per second (FPS). Together with the solidly developed software, the TrackIR5 has a response time of only 9 milliseconds, allowing you to look around your game or simulation smoothly and without noticeable delay. The TrackIR has six degrees of motion freedom (6DOF), which are: the X, Y and Z axes, and pitch, roll and yaw. With the TrackIR, NaturalPoint creates a 3D experience on a flat screen, giving meaning to their catchphrase: 'Put your head in the game'.
Even more accurate, thanks to TrackClip Pro.
When you purchase the bundle, you will also receive the TrackClip Pro, which can be easily installed on almost any headset. The big advantage to the TrackClip Pro is the use of active LEDs (instead of the standard reflectors), making the system even more accurate, and giving it a reach of 1.5 metres (5 feet). With the LEDs in the track clip, the TrackIR determines the position of your head. When your head position changes (for instance by looking up or down), you will look around your game or simulation within the borders of your hardware – and of your screen.
Fully customizable to your preference.
Use standard profiles, or adjust the sensitivity and speed (linear or exponential) of the x, y and z axes to your preference. Thanks to the (downloadable) powerful software from NaturalPoint, the TrackIR 5 works exactly the way you like it.
Also suitable for Shooters, Race games and other Simulation games.
The TrackIR 5 is not only suitable for flight simulators, but also for shooters, racing games and other simulation games such as Farming Simulator, Truck Simulator or OMSI Bus Simulator. Currently, more than 200 games are officially supported and this number continues to increase.