- The best keyboard Apple ever made 'rises again': The Matias Tactile Pro Keyboard is built from the same premium key switch technology that Apple used in its original Apple Extended Keyboard, widely viewed as the best keyboard Apple ever made.
- Legendary Feel & Speed of Alps mechanical key switches: Mac users who crave the feel of the legendary Apple Extended Keyboard will love the Tactile Pro. Unlike other keyboards made today, each key is built on an individual Alps Mechanical Switch. They feel better, and you'll type faster.
- Version 4 - Mac-friendly function keys: This latest Tactile Pro model brings tighter integration with Mac OS X. Just like an Apple keyboard, the Tactile Pro’s function keys now let you control screen brightness, volume, iTunes, and more.There's even an Fn key, that lets you momentarily change the function keys back to their traditional duties, when you need them.
- Easy to find keys: The Tactile Pro makes it easy to find ™ € £ ¥ © and other hard to remember symbols — they're all printed right on the keys. Simply hold down the Option key for the bottom-right characters, or Shift-Option for the top-right characters.
- Laser etched keys: All those symbols are handy, but what happens when they wear off? They won't. They're laser etched — burned into the keys with a laser — so they'll never wear off.
- Sculpted key tops: The latest trend in keyboards is to have very flat & wide keys, with little or no space between them. You see this a lot on laptops and netbooks. While they look great, they can also be a little tricky to type on. The flatness makes it very easy to slide out of home row and lose your bearings. The Tactile Pro bucks this trend. It has traditional sculpted keytops, curved to fit your fingertips, and keep you from sliding out of home position.
- 3-port Hi-Speed USB 2.0 hub: For quickly attaching USB peripherals, nothing beats the convenience of an in-keyboard USB hub. No more reaching through the tangle of wires behind your computer to download photos from your digital camera. Just plug it into the keyboard and you're ready to go. Works great with MP3 players, keyring hard drives, joysticks, and mice too. It won't charge your iPod/iPhone, but for syncing it's perfect.
- No ghost in this machine: Most keyboards allow only a certain number of keys to be pressed at once, and often cannot keep up with very fast typists. The result is called ghosting — letters missing from what you actually typed, or additional letters that you didn't type. The Tactile Pro has special Anti-Ghosting Circuitry (also called n-key rollover) to eliminate these problems. You can type as fast as you're able; the Tactile Pro will keep up.
- Cable length: 5.9'
- Dimensions: 18.1"L x 6.5"W x 1.4"H
- Weight: 2.8 lbs.
- 1 year limited warranty
- System Requirements: Mac computer with USB port.