- The Ascent accessory enables tenting of the Freestyle2 keyboard from 20 to 90 degrees (in 10 degree increments)
- Tenting reduces forearm tension to improve typing comfort
- Use the Ascent to achieve vertical typing
- Freestyle2 keyboard sold separately
- Solid metal construction (made in the USA)
More than just a vertical keyboard
The Freestyle Ascent accessory kit provides two multi-angle tenting* modules which attach to the underside of the keying modules, plus a linking plate which may be used to connect the two keying modules if desired.
Tenting angles may be independently set for each keying module in the range of 20 to 90 degrees, in 10 degree increments. Left/right separation is limited only by the length of the keyboard’s linking cable. The standard 9″ separation is adequate for most users, but the 20″ linking cable is recommended for greater flexibility. Keyboards with the 9 inch linking cable may be upgraded to the 20″ cable, please contact Kinesis technical support for further information.
The Ascent can also be used in conjunction with the optional Freestyle2 palm supports, most aptly suited for the lower tent settings of 20, 30 and 40 degrees.
*Tenting is the elevation of the center portion of your split keyboard. By raising your thumbs, your forearms muscles become relaxed reducing pronation, resulting in significantly improved comfort and blood flow.
Freestyle2 Keyboard sold separately.