Your Company Needs an Ergonomic Plan – Here’s why: October 22 2019
You may not think that an office full of heavy computer users needs an ergonomic plan. However, any tasks that cause an employee to maintain awkward postures, completing repetitive tasks or sitting in a chair every day, can lead to injuries. An ergonomic plan for your company customizes your office environment to meet your employees’ health needs. Putting your employees’ wellbeing first has many benefits. In addition to positive and happy office morale, an ergonomic plan is thought to increase productivity and reduce sick days needed. Ergo works in Palo Alto, CA can help your business customize your office to fit your employees' needs through one of our ergonomic services. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of an office ergonomic plan.
Before we discuss the benefits of an ergonomics plan, we have to discuss the potential hazards that can occur without one. I’m sure most people have experienced daily aches. An ergonomic plan is key to keep pains from turning into injuries.
Causes of Common Workplace Aches & Injuries:
- Back Pain: Sitting in a chair all day puts a lot of stress on your spine. Even if you sit with a correct posture at all times, there’s a good chance that you’ll experience back pain.
- Carpal Tunnel: Typing for prolonged periods of time without forearm and wrist support is shown to be associated with carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Awkward Postures: Postures that exceed your normal range of motion puts stress on your muscles, tendons and joints.
- Eye Strain: Lighting, monitor positioning and chair height can all impact the comfort of your eyes while using a computer.
Components of an Ergonomic Plan:
Trust our trained staff to provide ergonomic consulting services. We have three levels of evaluations. The preventative, standard and comprehensive levels all have separate goals.
- Preventative: This evaluation is designed for employees who aren’t experiencing any aches or musculoskeletal disorders.
- Standard: The second evaluation option is best for employees who are just started to experience symptoms as an early intervention measure.
- Comprehensive: This evaluation includes a detailed report for employees experiencing medical symptoms.
Ergonomic Workshop Training
Our trainings are aimed at increasing ergonomic knowledge among end-users, management and your in-office ergonomic trainer.
Office Space Planning
Our team can use the furniture you already have to arrange your surroundings in a way the encourages your employees’ ergonomic health.
If your office purchases new furniture or accessories, our team can install them using ergonomic principles to ensure you get the most out of your new furniture.
Ergo Works® in Palo Alto, CA is your ergonomic expert. To learn more about an ergonomic plan for your office, contact us. We can help you create a safe and healthy work environment. Our team was developed to combat ergonomic concerns among heavy computer users. Schedule any of our three levels of Ergonomic Evaluations to begin your ergonomic health journey.
Photo by: istockphoto.com/fizkes