Home Office Improvements August 11 2020
Consider all of your desk options. If you’ve been working at your dining or coffee table, it may be time to invest in a more permanent solution. This is important for your ergonomic health because home furniture isn’t made to the specifications you need to easily maintain the correct ergonomic seating posture.
- Adjustable desk: A full-size adjustable desk is an investment; however, it may be what you need to stay productive and feeling great while working from home. Our Standup Crank Adjustable Stand Up Desk allows for effortless adjustment from sitting to standing. Switching up your working position can promote better posture, reduce back and neck pain.
- Laptop Stand: If you don’t have space for a full-sized adjustable desk, consider a laptop stand. The Balt Lap Jr Portable Laptop Stand allows you to adjust the height and tilt to meet your unique ergonomic needs. This is a great option for a small space because it’s designed so you can store it under a bed, desk or small closet.
Your chair is just as important as your desk when it comes to maintaining the correct ergonomic seated posture. There are many alternative seating options that you may not have thought of that are a lot more comfortable than a dining chair.
- Sit-Stand Chair: If you have an adjustable sit-stand desk, consider the ergoCentric 3-in-1 Sit Stand. This chair allows you to switch effortlessly from standing height, perching or sitting throughout the day without sacrificing back support.
- Balance Stool: If you’d like to stay active but don’t have a lot of extra time throughout the day, the Ballo Stool is for you. This option supports flexibility and freedom of movement while encouraging you to keep your core activated. The best part is, you don’t have to stop working to stay active.
From a second monitor to an ergonomic keyboard, small accessories can make a big difference. Take a moment away from your distractions to close your eyes and breath. Notice any pain points or tension that you may carry then focus on implementing solutions to prevent injury.
- Wrist Support: If you notice excess tension in your wrist or forearm, consider using a wrist support. This accessory can help your arms stay in the correct neutral position while limiting tension.
- Eyewear: Blurry vision or strained eyes can be caused by looking at screens all day. Eyewear like the Gunnar Technology Eyewear Intercept can block harmful blue light and 100% UV light.
Photo by: Istockphoto.com/Rainer Puster